Commercial/Food Exhibitor Rules & RegulationsI. Application, Payments, and Refunds
• Commercial exhibit space application must be signed and accompanied by ENTIRE FEE. Applications will not be processed, nor space assigned, unless the application is accompanied by payment.
• In the event the Exhibitor fails to pay any fees at the time specified or fails to comply with any other provisions contained in these rules and regulations concerning the use of exhibit space, the CSF shall have the right to re-assign the booth location. In the event of a default, by the Exhibitor, as set forth in the previous sentence, the Exhibitor shall forfeit the amount for the space involved.
• In the event, that by unavoidable casualty, including fire, water, windstorm, tornado, earthquake or causes arising from supervening and uncontrollable force or accident, the Fair shall not be obligated to the Exhibitor to provide other buildings, grounds, or facilities, nor to return to the Exhibitors, all or any part of the fee. The determination by the Fair whether an unavoidable casualty within, meaning of those words as employed in this paragraph, has occurred, and whether the use, benefit or enjoyment by the Exhibitor of the Fair buildings and grounds has thereby been interfered with or diminished, shall be conclusive and binding.
• If an exhibitor cannot make the show, written notice must be received in our office one month before the start of the Fair to receive 50% of your money back.
• The Central States Fair reserves the final and absolute right to interpret rules and regulations and to settle and determine all matters, questions, or differences in regard thereto, or otherwise arising out of, connected with, or incidental to the Central States Fair. II. Space Rental and Assignment of Location
• Whenever possible, space assignments will be made in keeping with the location preferences listed on this Application. Please refer to the map enclosed for space numbers. However, the Fair reserves the right to make the final determination of all space assignments in the best interest of the Fair. III. Check-In, Installation, Removal, and Hours Check-In and Set-Up:
8:00 am - 6:00 pm: Thursday, August 15, 2019
8:00 am - 1:00 pm: Friday, August 16, 2019
All exhibits must be in place by Friday at 1:00 pm.
Any space not claimed by 12 pm, may be sold or reassigned by the Fair. Exhibits will be open for business Friday, August 16th at 3:00 pm. NOTE
: Carnival Midway and Concessions will also open at 3:00 pm on Friday. * All vehicles/trailers must be removed from inside the compound by 11:00 am. * No exhibits, or part of exhibits, shall be removed before 8:00 pm on Saturday, August 24th. * All exhibits must be removed by the following Tuesday without prior written approval of CSF Mgt. HOURS for Commercial Exhibits shall be as follows:
Friday, August 16th: 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm;
Saturday, August 17th - Saturday, August 24th: 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
*Area B & Concession Vendors will follow the same opening hours and are strongly encouraged to operate the same hours as the midway. * Hours may vary for outdoor exhibit spaces. * Daily access to indoor spaces, FOR EXHIBITORS WITH PASSES ONLY, will be exactly one hour prior to scheduled building hours through the SOUTH door of the building. * CSF requires booths be staffed during all operating hours of the Fair. IV. Delivery and Parking
Vehicle passes will be issued in Exhibitor Packet which will be distributed at the CSF Office upon arrival. * ALL DELIVERIES MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO 11:00 AM DAILY. Vehicles are prohibited on the mid-way during fair hours. * Exhibitors can park vehicles west of the Red Barn or by the CSF Office. V. Booth Construction and Special Requirements
• Indoor spaces will measure approximately 10’ x 10’ and will have an 8’ high back drape and 3’ high side rails with drape. Displays or other features in your exhibit space must not interfere with a clear view of neighboring booths. VI. Acceptance Applications will be accepted at the discretion of the Central States Fair, Inc.
A. Exhibitor shall conduct business in a quiet and orderly manner, keeping the exhibit area neat and clean.
B. All buildings, tents, booths, or enclosures in accordance with the rules and regulations, must have the approval of the Fair.
C. Subletting of exhibit space is prohibited!
D. In order to promote the orderly movement of people attending the fair and to promote the fair as a place for enjoyment and education, the following rules will be enforced within the confines of the Central States Fairgrounds, including all parking areas.
1. Each exhibit space must be clearly identified to the public by an appropriate sign identifying the organization or entity occupying the space.
2. Sale or distribution of any merchandise or written material except from a licensed location or exhibit space shall be prohibited.
3. All persons disseminating information or material to promote an organization or business must have a visible badge which states the person’s name and the name of the business or organization.
4. Discussions promoting an entity, organization, dissemination ideas or beliefs cannot be initiated with persons standing in line for an exhibit or performance.
E. Permission from the Fair must be acquired for the use of any sound amplification system.
F. Exhibitor covenants and agrees to defend at its own expense, indemnify and hold harmless the Central States Fair, Inc., its management, employees, and representatives from any and all liability, penalties, damages, costs, expenses, causes of action and claims of every kind and nature arising from illness, death, bodily injury or property damage to any person whomsoever, occasioned by or growing out of or in any way connected with, the occupation or use of the exhibit space or activities associated with this agreement.
G. Use of the space shall be in accordance with the use specified on this application. The Fair shall have the right to immediately terminate the right to use the space if, in its discretion, use of the space is not consistent with the use specified on this application or if use is not in the best interests of the Fair and its attendees.
H. Each Exhibitor is charged with knowledge of all laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health and fire prevention, and public safety, while participating in this Fair. VIII. Liability and Insurance
• Each Exhibitor will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance, naming Central States Fair, Inc, and Pennington County as ADDITIONAL INSURED, in the amount of $1,000,000 combined Single Limit. If the Exhibitor cannot provide the required certificate, a rider under the Central States Fair, Inc policy must be obtained by filling out the enclosed insurance request sheet. If you have any questions on your insurance needs, please contact the Central States Fair Office at 605-355-3861. Please return insurance certificates promptly. Insurance DUE JULY 1st. IX. Revocation and Forfeiture
• The violation of any of the terms hereof shall, at the election of the Fair, cause the whole fee to be forfeited and all rights and privileges herein granted to the Exhibitor shall terminate. X. Food Concession Vendor Addendum and Covenants
A. All Vendors will need to submit a complete proposed Menu or your application will be rejected.
1. You may be asked to omit some menu items. This will be at the CSF Staff’s discretion.
2. After your application and menu has been accepted, you will not be allowed to alter your menu unless you have submitted a specific request and have received confirmation of the menu change.
3. There will be NO variation of the menu items after start of the CSF.
B. All Vendors will need to submit actual length of booth space required and not just the length of the food truck or trailer. This includes your hitch, bumper, dropdown doors, propane tanks, etc.
1. If the CSF Staff determines, that the length requirements are excessive, the vendor may be required to pay an additional fee.
C. CSF reserves the right to implement an ‘Exclusivity Clause’ if it is determined that there is not enough diversity within the CSF food offerings.
1. Returning Vendors will be offered ‘First-Rights-Of– Refusal’ if exclusivity is offered.
2. There will be an additional charge, to the vendor, if exclusivity is offered and accepted.
Contact Cory Ferguson 605.355.3861 firstname.lastname@example.org www.centralstatesfair.com