III. Check-In, Installation, Removal, and Hours:
Check-In and Set-Up
8:00 am - 6:00 pm: Thursday, August 14, 2014
8:00 am - 1:00 pm: Friday, August 15, 2014
All exhibits must be in place by Friday at 1:00 pm. Any space not claimed by 12 noon, may be sold or reassigned by the Fair. Exhibits will be open for business Friday, August 16 at 3:00 pm.
NOTE: Carnival Midway and Concessions will also open at 3:00 pm on Friday.
* All vehicles/trailers must be removed from inside the compound by 12 noon.
* No exhibits, or part of exhibits, shall be removed before 8:00 PM on Saturday, August 23rd.
* Area B exhibitors and Concession Row are required to stay until 6:00 pm on August 24th.
* All exhibits must be removed by the following Tuesday without prior written approval of CSF Mgt.
BUSINESS HOURS for Commercial Exhibits shall be as follows:
Friday, August 15: 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Saturday, August 16 - Saturday, August 23: 12:00 Noon - 8:00 pm
*Concession Vendors are strongly encouraged to operate the same hours as the midway
Sunday, August 24 (Concession Row & Area B Only): 12:00 Noon - 6:00 pm (tentative)
* Hours may vary for outdoor exhibit spaces.
* Daily access to indoor spaces, FOR EXHIBITORS WITH PASSES ONLY, will be exactly one hour prior to scheduled building hours through the SOUTH door of the building.
* CSF requires booths be staffed during all operating hours of the Fair.
IV. Delivery and Parking
Vehicle passes will be issued in Exhibitor Packet which will be distributed at the CSF Office upon arrival.
* ALL DELIVERIES MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO 11:00 AM DAILY. Vehicles are prohibited on the midway during fair hours.
* Exhibitors can park vehicles west of the Red Barn or by the CSF Office.
V. Booth Construction and Special Requirements
Indoor spaces will measure approximately 10’ x 10’ and will have an 8’ high back drape and 3’ high side rails with drape. Displays or other features in your exhibit space must not interfere with a clear view of neighboring booths.
A. Exhibitor shall conduct business in a quiet and orderly manner, keeping the exhibit area neat and clean.
B. All buildings, tents, booths, or enclosures in accordance with the rules and regulations must have the approval of the Fair.
C. Subletting of exhibit space is prohibited!
D. In order to promote the orderly movement of people attending the fair and to promote the fair as a place for enjoyment and education, the following rules will be enforced within the confines of the Central States Fairgrounds, including all parking areas.
1. Each exhibit space must be clearly identified to the public by an appropriate sign identifying the organization or entity occupying the space.
2. Sale or distribution of any merchandise or written material except from a licensed location or exhibit space shall be prohibited.
3. All persons disseminating information or material to promote an organization or business must have a visible badge which states the person’s name and the name of the business or organization.
4. Discussions promoting an entity, organization, dissemination ideas or beliefs cannot be initiated with persons standing in line for an exhibit or performance.
E. Permission from the Fair must be acquired for the use of any sound amplification system.
F. Exhibitor covenants and agrees to defend at its own expense, indemnify and hold harmless the Central States Fair, Inc., its management, employees, and representatives from any and all liability, penalties, damages, costs, expenses, causes of action and claims of every kind and nature arising from illness, death, bodily injury or property damage to any person whomsoever, occasioned by or growing out of or in anyway connected with, the occupation or use of the exhibit space or activities associated with this agreement.
G. Use of the space shall be in accordance with the use specified on this application. The Fair shall have the right to immediately terminate the right to use the space if, in its discretion, use of the space is not consistent with the use specified on this application or if use is not in the best interests of the Fair and its attendees.
H. Each Exhibitor is charged with knowledge of all laws, ordinances and regulations pertaining to health, fire, prevention, and public safety, while participating in this Fair.
VII. Liability and Insurance
Each Exhibitor will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance, naming Central States Fair, Inc, and Pennington County as ADDITIONAL INSURED, in the amount of $1,000,000 combined Single Limit. If the Exhibitor cannot provide the required certificate, a rider under the Central States Fair, Inc policy must be obtained by filling out the enclosed insurance request sheet. If you have any questions on your insurance needs, please contact the Central States Fair Office at 605-355-3861. Please return insurance certificates promptly. Insurance DUE JULY 1st.
VIII. Revocation and Forfeiture
The violation of any of the terms hereof shall, at the election of the Fair, cause the whole fee to be forfeited and all rights and privileges herein granted to the Exhibitor shall terminate.
Applications will be accepted at the discretion of the Central States Fair, Inc.